The Community Council discussed the TfW proposals during its meeting on Thursday, 21 January. This will include building two works compounds at the Mound Field (for works on the railway) / Gelynis farm (for building a new bridge) - and one at Radyr Station. The following was agreed:
1. Radyr & Morganstown Community Council agrees that the electrification of the Valleys Lines will benefit commuters, including commuters who live in Radyr and Morganstown. It will provide more frequent, quieter, less polluting trains - and this should be welcomed.
2. Radyr & Morganstown Community Council accepts and recognises that locating a suitable bridge and compounds at the Mound Field/Gelynis site (as well as at Radyr Station) will be required in order to deliver the Transport for Wales project.
3. Radyr & Morganstown Community Council will focus on:
4. Radyr & Morganstown Community Council notes the proposed mitigation measures and will continue to work with Transport for Wales to ensure that maximum mitigation is implemented as well as possible and to liaise with residents with regard to what they can expect.
5. Radyr & Morganstown Community Council will respond to the planning application for the bridge when it is submitted.
6. Radyr & Morganstown Community Council will publicise the Transport for Wales complaints number when it becomes available.
7. Radyr & Morganstown Community Council will:
8. Radyr & Morganstown Community Council will consider further the possibility of installing a Morganstown Halt
9. RMCC Environment Committee will liaise with Transport for Wales with regard to environmental surveys and keep a watching brief. The status of the Site of Important Nature Conservation will be checked with Cardiff Council.
You can read more about the TfW project here.
Leave a Reply.